Thursday, February 16, 2012

Goodbye, Friends!

Acts 17:29


“And he made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined allotted periods and the boundaries of their dwelling place…”

I always knew I was here at Children’s for a reason, and in 2011, that reason became clear. God knew I would need every single one of you to help me through the toughest time of my life.

I hate for my cancer experience to be what everyone remembers when they think about the almost five years we’ve been together. I hope you also think about my masterful writing and editing talents. My occasional bouts of inappropriateness. My knack for walking in to surgeries at the most inopportune times. Things like that.

But I’ll never be able to look back at on my time at Children’s without thinking of how you carried me through breast cancer.




The earring tree.
Every single morning of the rest of my life, when I open my jewelry box, I will think of my coworkers who brought me earrings of every sort to rock with my baldness. Every time I see a stupid pink ribbon, I will think of the pink ribbons taped to the Paris conference room. Every time I see the big gash in the side of my Jeep, I will remember the state of euphoria I was in while pulling out of the damn parking garage after the mastectomy party you threw for me.

The gash. This is all y'alls fault.




Specifically, here are some other things I will always remember.



All the hard work.
 



Savvy internal marketing campaigns.





Juan Pulido.






Kristen Janssen.




Sarah Snarkees.




That creepy Elf on the Shelf.






That other creepy elf.





Hard-working coworkers.







Sharp-dressed coworkers.









Fabulous hairstyles.




Testing out the new Macs.





My coworkers' awesome design sense.




And especially their re-design sense.






My buddies helping me keep my chin up.








The competition.






Pregnancy support.





Did I already say sharp-dressed coworkers?




My fashion sense.








Two maternity leaves.

Coworkers who make me feel like I am 90.





My coworkers' fashion sense. Wait. Did I say that already?




Getting smashed with coworkers.




My coworkers' fashion sense.



That time we all got new iPads.






How much you guys really, really like me.

I will miss you guys more than you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment